Sunday, March 04, 2012

'The Only Time She Told Me She Hated Me Out Loud'

Sorry here's the next part. Again, I have very little idea what I'm going for here so you can bypass this if you want. Haven't written in ages so it might just be my muse acting up. Trigger: Suicide Ideation

Alucia never yelled; she was nothing like me. Hers was a cold anger, with a sharp tongue and cruel words. She was furious now, eyes ablaze and with a hint of the crude vulgarity she could only have picked up from me. "You lazy pig! You bitch! I hope you are happy now. You've ruined everything!"

I refused to look at her; I wouldn't have been able to see her if I tried, not with the tears clouding my vision. I pulled my legs closer to myself, perhaps understanding for once the need for the foetal position the characters in movies adopt.

"We could have gotten out of here. Everything you've wanted, we've wanted and worked for. How could you just ruin everything like that?"

"I'm sorry." I choked out. Feelings of utter helplessness and self-hatred engulfed me. I hadn't meant for it to turn out this way. I thought I did my best, I actually thought...

"You always do this. You always spoil anything possibly good in our life. You lazy, over-confident ass." Then she did what I never imagined she could, she began to cry. It was more tears of anger and frustration than tears of grief but they were tears none the less.

It was then perhaps I knew I had hit rock-bottom. I silenced a wail into my pillow. "I tr...ied. I really did." I knew I was trying to convince myself more than her. I had to.

"Look at me and repeat that. I know you, Alucia. I know everything that goes through your pathetic little head. This...don't give me the bullshit that you tried your best. You didn't do shit."

"Please stop." I sobbed into my pillow. No more. It didn't matter if it was the truth. I couldn't hear this anymore. I knew how badly I'd screwed up. It hurt too much to think about it anymore but she won't let me stop but I deserved it. I deserved every inch of her verbal beatdown.

She laughed and more tears fell from her eyes. "I hate you. You are a total and utter failure. I hate you. I don't even care about them, about your family and I already know what a disappointment you are. I feel sorry for them." She paused, perhaps to catch her breath but I could hear her mind turning from here to deal the perfect final blow. "Go kill yourself. You said you were going to right? Two years ago, for less, for much less. Go, go kill yourself and save everyone so much grief and disappointment."

She left but her words haunted the air. In my mind's eye, I saw it. A knife and two perfect slices across my wrists. It would be so easy and everything would stop. This pain would stop, her voice would stop. But I didn't move, I wasn't going to do it, I knew myself that well at least. I was too much of a coward. I hugged myself tighter as the sobbing started afresh.

And I know that I
I sometimes tend to lose my temper
And I cross the line
Yeah that's the truth

No comments:

Post a Comment