Sunday, November 25, 2012

Shadow Self?

This is always something that bugged me. I always heard people wanting to date people who were like them but I kinda figured that wouldn't work. Anyway, as you can tell, I'm very in to personality stuff and as far as I can tell (generally but not all), astrology personalities are quite accurate. (Again personalities not the stupid future thing). So, according to dating compatibility, try not to date within your sign (they can either be super compatible or extremely uncompatible). I dunno, comparing my relationships it makes sense. Initially I find it very hard to get along with Taurus' but give it time, they are nice to talk to because some things are relatable.

I would never want to date a Taurus. I mean I'm not going to ask my future boyfriend his sign then run away or anything but I doubt a Taurus would work for me. I know the weaknesses of a Taurus and frankly, with both parties of the relationship with the same weakness, it will be a pain in the neck. I haven't actually met a male Taurus yet though... (I generally only ask the horoscope of people closer to me) So whether we are compatible is something I never really analyzed.

I always wanted to meet myself. I see the view of myself from an unbiased eyes but i honesly doubt I'd like myself very much. Whether because of the poor view I have of myself or this shadow self concept I've been talking about. And it kinda makes sense. I dunno if it's just to diversify personalities but shows with a group don't really have people with the same personalities. Like the Ninja Turtles for example, each one of them exemplifies Choleric, Sanguine, Melancholic and Phlegmatic. Whether it's the shows idea of diversifying the cast, or it kinda shows that characters with similar personalities don't generally get along.

Which leads me to the last part, identifying with characters in a show. Sometimes (but very rarely) when I read a book or watch a show, I'd go, 'Hey this reminds me of someone' but I never really experienced it myself. The closest I've gotten was to Luigi but I think that's more of me identifying so much with his character that in my head canon, I've twisted him into how I want him to be (Well, Repo! didn't really give me much to work on. Every fan has their own head canon/interpretation of the characters) But nada. I dunno if perhaps my personality is too unmarketable but nope not even among the unlikeble characters have I found myself. Someone suggested it might be the shadow self concept again. The characters who are most like you annoy you so much that you can't bring yourself to identify with them.

So actually I'd like to hear your opinions. Are your good friends or significant other anything like you? Have you identified or found yourself as characters in shows, movies etc? Well, hit me up and comment below or on my facebook post. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment