Thursday, September 22, 2011

Repo! the Genetic Opera

Alright I'm doing it. I'm blogging about Repo!. Ok so I'm really bored but there are just some people I have to convince to watch (who are probably gonna skim or not read this post anyway :(. And btw, any of you who watch d Saw series (or Repo) and have Twitter, PLEASE, I repeat PLEASE follow Darren Bousman on twitter. The guy is hiding something from us and is not telling us what until he get more followers :( He's a tease...

Ok so what should I start with... The songs I guess...Ok regardless of what I have said about 17, there isn't a single song on Repo! I hate. Bored, maybe but not hate. I used to dislike Chromaggia but damn, Sarah Brightman is talented. Ok at first I wanted to list all the songs in order but DAMN there's ALOT of songs. 22 total just on the soundtrack so yea...maybe not... Ok so I'll just list songs that stood out in (maybe?) a particular order. (this is going to end up all the songs, I know it >_>)

1) At the Opera Tonight - Ok who can not love this song. The song is just...EPIC. It has the whole cast singing (and it's d closest thing to a duet between Anthony and Sarah). Anyone who watches musicals/operas would know this as the song before the storm and damnit I think the only musical who can beat Repo in terms of epicness is One Day More from Les Miserables. (Believe me, I've recorded myself singing all the parts (Repo Man gave me a sore throat) IT'S EPIC!!!

2) Mark it Up - Ok you knew I'd put this here. In Terrance's words, it's essentially the introduction to the Largo children and if any of you have been to my Tumblr, you'd know the Largo brothers are my favorite characters. So yea, anyone who knows me know I never go for the comic relief but when the comic relief is a murderer and a rapist...well I guess there's something appealing about it. More about this when I talk about the characters later :D (you knew I would). So anyway, there's just something so over-the-top and funny about this scene that keeps me coming back for more. 

3) Night Surgeon - Another song that is just plain epicness. Like Thankless Job, there's just something so disturbing and yet fun about people singing as they kill people. (Sweeney Todd was more detached, he wasn't enjoying the kill) Nathan was and Luigi looked like Christmas had come early. AND (haha you knew this was coming) it was the only time in the movie the Largos looked like they were having fun with each other. I am bloody serious. I mean besides the time they are pretending in front of a crowd, have you ever seen the Largos so civil with each other? Half the time, Rotti acts like he wishes he never had kids so yea, super refreshing. 

4) Zydrate Anatomy -  Ok this song wins major points for just being so bloody catchy. It was the first song I really liked and it was stuck in my head for ages. It's like a nursery rhyme. I mean seriously drugs have never sounded cooler. I wish I could say Paris' entrance spoiled the song but it didn't. Everything worked perfectly, even the surgery montage (and lesbian Genterns? xD jk (i think.)). 

Ok I think I'm really going through all the songs now... haha Sorry... but the music is just that awesome. There isn't a single one I want to leave out.

5) We Started This Opera Shit - Ok I really love this song but it faded over time because it's sung mostly by the chorus so no major characters appear (and GOD did the Single Mother really have to strip? I mean seriously, no nudity throughout the show and suddenly BOOBS X/ I mean I don't really have such a big issue with it but why??? T_T) Ok that's over and done with, now why this song rocks. It's pretty much the Repo Army (Repo fans) theme song. TESTIFY has been our 'motto' and I dunno... it presents some pretty good reasons why GeneCo is not really a bad idea. (Ok let me clarify, I'm pro-GeneCo but anti-Rotti but more about that under characters :)) 

6) Genterns - Oh dear Genterns...Sigh...it's not even an official song and it 'introduces' us more to the Largo children. I have no idea are we supposed to find the kidz more despicable or likable but damnit they do really well as comic relief. The song is less than a minute? and yet it's catchy, likable and I can play it on repeat, repeatedly. 

7) 21st Century Cure - Ok I like this song because of the meaning and how true it is even now. I mean esp with all the plastic surgery going on now Graves poses the question, "Would you change who you are if you could?" I mean seriously who has never considered this question before? "Your designer heart still beats with common blood". These are the things that draw me to this song. But seriously, you wanna enjoy this song. Listen to it, don't watch it. The graves, Shilo, GeneCops, all too distracting. Takes away from the song. Just listen to the meaning as it is.

Ok I think that's about it, it's not that that's all the songs that's good but I think that's all I wanna talk about... Hmn... I love the duets but there's nothing exclusive really to say about it. Chase the Morning/Everyone's a Composer/Come Back is just awesome if not epic. And I dare you to classify the genre of music that song is. I can't figure it out. It's songs like this that makes me wish I can sing three lines at the same time.

Infected and Legal Assassin are just perfect songs to sing along to. I esp love the last verse of Legal Assassin where I can go all crazy like. Haha I just love to karaoke to myself and these two songs are perfect to do so. Hmn... special mentions to Bravi which is also my ringtone and NO MATTER where I am, whenever my phone rings, people stare. I mean really stare, and I'm cursing in my mind trying to answer the phone as quickly as I can. :S

Oooo I think that's it... I just realized the Largos need more songs :S Haha I like Gold but damnit the guy who sang it for the stage play is just....i love his voice. I mean there was nothing special about it but damn! I just like the voice... Think that's weird? I'm also in love with the Italian language because someone (Pavi probably) sang that one line in Come to the Opera with Me in Italian and i think it just sounds lovely. Yea...I'm beyond obsessed.

Haha alright then...this post is getting long and I'm a bit sleepy so err I'll leave this post about songs and continue about characters next time. Haha please don't take this as an excuse to run from my blog. Instead WATCH REPO! and understand why I'm just so crazy.  Goodnight everyone. :)
TESTIFY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment