Wednesday, September 07, 2011

ASH WITH UNICORN CORE, TEN AND THREE QUARTER INCHES, UNYIELDING



Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard.

Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may 'die' and need replacing.

Funny, whenever I used to play pretend I always chose the Unicorn Core as well. :) Well the words I bolded stood out to me the most and I can't help but agree. I never really thought of being powerful in anyway but being consistent was important. Well, for melancholy, you only need to read my blog to get it and faithful well...hahaha


Unyielding, sounds fair enough like me. I was always told I was too stubborn. Haha oops ok they meant flexibility. Well I am unflexible as anything, believe me. I'm like a tree. Haha so yea, that's me

10 & 3/4s sounds a little short... I couldn't figure if I was average or tall for my age...so I put average... I have to reread all the other character's wand length though to figure just how short it really is. (Haha just found out Draco's was 10 so I guess it's an average size wand. Haha)

The ash wand cleaves to its one true master and ought not to be passed on or gifted from the original owner, because it will lose power and skill. This tendency is extreme if the core is of unicorn. Old superstitions regarding wands rarely bear close examination, but I find that the old rhyme regarding rowan, chestnut, ash and hazel wands (rowan gossips, chestnut drones, ash is stubborn, hazel moans) contains a small nugget of truth. Those witches and wizards best suited to ash wands are not, in my experience, lightly swayed from their beliefs or purposes. However, the brash or over-confident witch or wizard, who often insists on trying wands of this prestigious wood, will be disappointed by its effects. The ideal owner may be stubborn, and will certainly be courageous, but never crass or arrogant.


Haha what did I say about being stubborn? Haha I don't know how such simple questions managed to be so accurat but they are. The wand seems to suit me from the beginning and I don't know...never believed in the passing down of wands etc. Haha now I really can't wait for the sorting

It seems I have Cedric Diggory's and Charlie Weasley's wand. Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment