Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Tears? What do you mean tears?

Yo well. Ok so I decided to pay a tribute to those shows who managed to make me cry. Not tear up mind you really cry. Now those who know me, will know that I do not cry easy. Especially not for tv programmes so yea decided to pay a tribute to the shows and scenes that broke down the walls.

Ok first show as far as I remember was 3 years ago. Now mind you, I still blame PMR stress but anyway. It was some cantonese drama set in the desert. So anyway, this poor fellow had lost both his hearing and his eyesight. So, he believed that the person taking care of him was the 'lady he fell in love with'. the audience however knows that it is actually his wife who pretended to make him happy. Now I always hated his wife and this is her redeeming moment for me. And he tells her that he is thankful for her for taking care of him but he misses his wife and is going to find her. And now me, so used to tragic movies thought that he really was going to leave her since she didn't really have a way to tell him who she was. So yea, I started crying. But of course they decided to give it a happy ending and he recognizes her by feeling her face. Swt, but yea.

Ok next time was...well this year. Same show, twice. Oh you know what show I'm talking about. GLEE!!!!!!!! Hahahahaha ok I know it's so unlike me. I mean the show is good and all but too popular for my taste. Hahahaha. (never mind inside joke) So anyway the first time was when Finn called (kinda) Kurt a fag and the dad comes in and yells at Finn. So most people think I cried cause of the way Finn treated Kurt. yea, it was horrible. (I swore I'd never use the word fag on anyone. I said it once by accident and must find a way to punish myself). Yea, I actually cried because of the clear guilt in Mr Hummels (Kurt's dad's voice). I mean I had just finish watching Supernatural at that time and anyone who followed it would know every character there had daddy issues. So it was a fresh relief to see Mr Hummel being nothing short of a great dad to Kurt. I mean I think almost everyone thought he was going to be the type of dad who was unaccepting of Kurt's gayness and the way he just comes up and defends him was just whoa. And then he goes on about how he used to pick on kids for being well, fags. And i think he began thinking about what if one of those kids was my son. And you could just hear the amount of self-loathing in his voice. It was just tear-jerking.

Hahaha the last time was just last night when I watched the finale of Wicked musical. (No I haven't watched the whole show). So first let me say Kristin and Idina are awesome actresses. No matter what half-cocked fans of Glee say about them. (Rachel cannot hold a candle to them). So ok spoiler alert, but well who doesn't know the Wicked Witch (Elphie) dies at the end. But wait, the musical wanted a happy ending so she doesn't die. She faked her death. BUT Glinda doesn't know. And I want to remind everyone that this show rests on the friendship of these two. And Glinda tries to be the public figure but just loses it when she calls herself Glinda the Good because it kinda was her fault that Elphie 'died'. I really just cried man. I cannot, I repeat cannot listen to For Good the same way again. Now I get why Elphie can't tell her she's alive but come on. You are letting your best friend think she caused you to die and she's going to live with that guilt for the rest of her days. Poor Elphie. Poor Glinda. It didn't help that the version i watched was Kristin's last performance and she and Idina formed a great friendship. So yea, the tears were very real.

Hahaha ok that's about it. 4 times. 3 times in one year is too much for me though. Never again, at least not so soon. I can't wait for the next season of Glee and the Wicked movie to come out. Come on, do your worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment