Thursday, July 23, 2009

Spoiler Alert! For those of you who don't want to spoil Harry Potter 6, Then don't read.

Ok I just watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and seriously I thought in some ways it was better than the previous craps. Ok there were things I didn't like but we'll get to that later. What I loved about Harry Potter: Tom Felton. Seriously OMG he played Draco so well even I'm in awe. I mean reading the book, i mean we get that Draco's a child he shouldn't do this and all that but Tom Felton convinced me that he was a 16 year old boy. One year younger than I am. he shouldn't have to go through this crap. When he broke down in the toilet I felt wow, he never meant to hurt Kate and the Dark Lord is seriously asking way too much of it. Tom Felton convinced me of this more than JK Rowling ever could.

I did not, however like the fight scene in the bathroom. Too much boom. I mean seriously, it was obvious they were both aiming to kill and that was a bit too much. I did not feel the OMG Draco! that I did when I read the book (even for the 5th time). It was so meh. Boo hoo he's bleeding so what? That in my opinion was disappointing.

Ok what else... Alan Rickman was brilliant as usual, that goes without saying. However, the one thing I do not like about it was the loss of Severus' temper. If anything, I think that that is Severus' biggest flaws. His temper and his ability to hold grudges. With no offence to the brilliant Sir Alan Rickman, I am very disappointed with the loss of this flare. I mean I LOVE tortured Snape. I mean that IS how I envisioned it but the temper...I dunno...without the temper, something is missing. Ah yes...another thing, when Snape murdered Dumbledore, can anyone else say Obvious Much that Severus is good? Seriously, the book, there was the obvious parts but it even put a fear in the deepest fans hearts. 'Is Severus Snape good?' The movie did not even let us question that. It was so obvious that Snape wanted no part of it, not even a little like a spy showing his true colours.

I absolutely hated Remus and Tonks in this one. 'Come on Darling'. WHAT? When did they get together? How could they just slam them together without any scenes or proof? OMG how could they just do that. Remus and Tonks are spoiled in my eyes forever.

I think the scene where Dumbledore had to drink the potion was just bloody brilliant. Seriously, no truer accuracy and finally Michael Gambon redeemed himself as Albus Dumbledore. The over-dramatism was gone. He wasn't as calm as the first one but good enough.

I hated the burning of the Burrow. It served no purpose but to provide action in the story. Why add that and take away the battle at Hogwarts? I think that would worked so much better. The scene where everyone was at the Hospital Wing and Harry tells them what happened was something that should not have been left out. That could have seriously worked wonderfully.

Horace Slughorn...nothing special...kinda from the book so there's nothing to say... Lavander...annoying but hey, that's the book.

Ah yes...the whole stupid movie... Ok I hated the fact they just spoon-fed us the information from the start. I mean why did they have to tell everyone about the cupboard? Granted it gave draco more screen time but it didn't let the audience question WTH was going on. Why did they make it so obvious that Dumbledore was Draco's target? Why could they let the audience think. I think that is the biggest disappointment. Everything was spoon fed I didn't even need to use my brain.

Romance was all kinda good lar. The Harry/Ginny thing a bit too much since Ginny was still dating Dean. Lying cheat but it wasn't so bad. Emma did a wonderful job without sounding whinny like the previous movies. However everytime Harry comforted her the song 'Gay Boyfriend' wouldn't stop playing in my head.

All in all not so bad, but I still rather have a change of director. I'm praying now they won't get rid of the Penisieve scene in book 7. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment