Sunday, July 26, 2009

Draco In Leather Pants Syndrome

Hahahaha it seems it's official that i have the syndrome. Ok...What is it? The definition is pretty much when
a fandom takes a controversial or downright villainous character and downplays his flaws, often turning him into an object of desire in the process.

Sounds familiar? So me. I mean come on Draco IS the most obvious example. This is a quote from Arizona Bay which pretty much explains it.

"I tell you, Satan's gonna have no trouble taking over here 'cause all the women are gonna say: 'What a cute butt.' 'He's Satan!' 'You don't know him like I do.' 'He's the Prince of Darkness!' 'I can change him.'"

Believe me, I've said/thought most of those things. Seriously Lucifer is the ultimate victim of the DiLP Syndrome.

Examples of my poor victims from tvtropes.org:-
Bleach Ok Bleach has way too many DiLP characters.
1) Ichimaru Gin - Evil asshole in every way and yet sigh...Perfect
2) Grimmjow - Definitely a jerk...Haven't decided I liked him yet but if I do DiLP

God Child
1) Cain - I don't think he is a jerk at all nor deserving of this title but still...Sigh
2) Jizabel - Ok how can you want to make your brother suffer so much just because daddy pays more attention to him? Seriously bastard of the highest account and I love him.

Comic Books
1) Lex Luthor - Blame Smallville but still Lex is all for me, asshole or not.
2) Dr Doom - Ok this guy confused me for the longest time but Julian just sealed the deal for me.


Hellboy 2
1) Prince Nuada - Not really. He was a bit annoying to me but I never really saw him as an asshole but I just can't stand the hints of twincest.


Heroes
1) Sylar - I never really loved him before but definitely enjoyed his (lick) sexual appeal.
2) Adam - Hmm...tvtropes.org never classified him but I guess he is since he does have a couple assholic moments.

Charmed
1) Cole - Julian...you spoil me dear.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
1) Pre-soul Spike - Spikey stay away from that Slayer-bitch. You deserve so much better.

Final Fantasy 7
1) Sephiroth - Draco of all Dracos. Sigh

Heroes
1) Sylar - I never really loved him before but definitely enjoyed his (lick) sexual appeal.
2) Adam - Hmm...tvtropes.org never classified him but I guess he is since he does have a couple assholic moments.

Last but not least:-
Everyone one Alan Rickman has ever played!!!
Alan Rickman rocks as an actor and I have so idea why but even the villians are all so yummy. Allllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnn

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:57 AM

    Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete