Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Feelin' Chicken

you're killing me with bacon, america
killing me with smog and taxes like axes in my neck
like hogs to the slaughter
what do i tell my daughters?
daddy's all heart but he's pushing bird way downtown
where the skin is brown and eyes are the size of the deficit?

you're killing me with bacon, america
just like the indians with tobacco and flour and fire water
balls, scabs, and rehab
sick in the blood face down in the mud
all hype and gripe and stars and stripes
ain't my flag today

i wanna belong, i wanna be proud
but your gay bashing voices are so fuckin loud
my choices shrinkin like bacon in the pan
spatter of hot grease spitting like mad geese
bombers and baghdad!
i am a college grad
but my life is a want ad

you're killing me with bacon, america
how shall i pray? the old fashion way?
down on my knees to the god of the weak?
or dig deep in my squeeze
wearing a red rubber nose clown clothes laughing as we go and saying something stupid like


I had to post this. Bill Moseley writes awesome poetry and while I'm not American I can identify with most of the lines. As you can probably tell from my tumblr and facebook, my favourite line is 'I wanna belong, I wanna be proud but your gay-bashing voices are so fucking loud.' It could just be my tagline. It says all I want to say if asked why I'm not as 'Christian' as I should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment