Sunday, September 26, 2010

Debate

Hey everyone! I'm back. Honestly when I woke up this morning, I felt like the events of yesterday was just a dream. Everything felt so surreal and unbelievable. For one thing, it was almost like I fell asleep on Friday and woke up the next morning a very different person. I mean to say that I debated well is an overstatement but I did so much better than I thought I would. I literally broke down on Friday night and cried myself to sleep because I was so sure I was going to choke up and embarrass myself. I mean, in the end, I did choke up, I stuttered; but the confidence i displayed to everyone and y'know no one really thought any worse of. I made so many new friends which was a first for me because I never really talked to strangers even when approached. I didn't feel useless or angry with myself when I heard the judge's comments I just felt 'Yes, I will improve'.

I felt so comfortable up there in front of everyone. I feel more truth in my personal statement now. Even when I had no points to say, I just crapped with whatever crappy point I could and just prayed it worked. Even when it didn't I didn't feel dejected, I just repeated to myself I made the best of a bad situation. At the Gala dinner, I met a church friend (well more like someone I really admired) and for once I actually held a conversation with. Even he could see the difference in me. I was by myself and I was surrounded by people and never once did I feel alone or left out. I just felt so comfortable. Truly a very different person.

Haha left my post halfway and now I've lost my mood to continue. Haha oh well. I guess I'm gonna say ciao now. Well...ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment