Friday, November 20, 2009

SPM Blues

0_0 So I have just went through the first week of our wonderful Spm exams. I'm angry with myself for not studying earlier and harder but what's done is done. Well hell has just begun for me as now I have to suffer throught Bible Knowledge but I WILL get through this. I have no choice. Well I guess my dreams of full scholarship has pretty much flushed down the drain.

The Bm karangan wasn't exactly hard this time around but then I can't really string a bm sentence together without making at least 10 grammatical errors so I'm rather freaked out. The paper 2 wasn't so bad. Not as hard as the other papers but...still scared. Sejarah paper 1 was quite hard and complicating. I didn't know most of the answers for especially form 5 so I'm scared. I want to check my answers but I don't want to spoil my mood.

English was well english. Again easier than the other tests though I'm not very sure about the last novel question but I did what I could. I mean throughout the book no one really had a hard decision to make. Kino and Juana decided things like pop and they do it. There wasn't a part in the book where they were like should I do this? Should I not do this? Most people answered Kino throwing the Pearl into the sea as a hard decision. His son died because of the Pearl. he didn't need to think twice. He just threw the thing into the sea. Hard decision? I don't think so. Another posibility is when Juana tries to throw the Pearl into the sea. It may have been a hard decision if I were in her place. BUT we are not told the story from her point of view. We do NOT know what she was thinking so technically that is a faulty answer. Maybe I'm overanalysing everything but that's how I see it.

Englsih essay. I'm pretty satisfied with my report. The usual; nothing really special. The long essay however... I mean getting an A+ for English no problem but it doesn't mean I won't give 150% in the exam. I don't think that I did. As I left the exam hall, I didn't feel the euphoria I usually felt for finishing a story. It was like meh. I think I was rather disappointed by it. They wasn't anything outstanding about it. It was pretty average and average is not good enough for me. Maybe because people repeatedly told me to tone down for the exam so I did. I think it was a wrong decision for me. I mean my writing is nothing special. That's a fact. I mean I have the command of the language but nothing too flowery. So I have to rely on the plot to carry my story. Did I make a mistake? Did i just lose my A+ for 1119? I don't know. I have never truly been disappointed by my essays before. In fact I had half a mind to tear the paper in the exam hall and redo it but there wasn't enough time.

I have given up on an A for Sejarah. Subjective I had very little problem with after coaxing the Holy Spirit for a bit. But the essays man.... I didn't remember a thing. The whole of my third question was semua tembak and I got all wrong for that so there goes 20 marks. I don't trust the rest of the questions either. So I can only pray that the grade will be pulled down or I will get my very own B.

Ok ciao guys. Need to rest a while before continuing my studies tommorow. Hopefully Lite teacher will get a clue and not give us so much work.

No comments:

Post a Comment