Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Me? Defending Paris Hilton? Really?

I just had to share this on my wall because I can say I am guilty of the same crime. Years ago, when I first heard about Repo, I was like 'Paris is in it? Count me out.' I've already written her off even though I hadn't watched a single movie of hers. All I knew about her was what the 'paparazi' were talking about her. Then, I might have joined you in dissing Paris, now I'd defend her if you bitched about her in front of me. 

Don't get me wrong, I still know nothing about her. But the way the Repo cast and Darren defends her makes me think there's more to her than she puts on. The thing is when I'm obsessed about something, I'm really obsessed and hearing all the things about Paris on the Repo set makes me think 'Hey, maybe she's a nice person after all.' And she's not a bad actress or singer. It took me awhile but I like Amber, and as anyone who knows me knows, it's hard for me to like female characters.

The thing is I feel bad for Paris. Like the few Repo panels she was on, you could see the audience attacking her. Or annoyingly, how all the reporters would keep asking the rest of the cast about her, hoping to score more gossip or something. Hell she even won a Razzie for Repo even though I thought she did brilliant in it. And I think it's more like, when the public has a joke or a target, they really go for it. I mean I can't be the only one that's fed up with the Bush and Sarah Palin jokes. (Who knows how long the Miley Cyrus thing will last)

I'm really sorry for the long post. It's just reading the article really struck something in me especially the part when she was talking about how she related to Amber and probably about her own dad as well. I won't say I'm a Paris fan but when Darren, Terrance, Bill and Ogre defend her (these are all people I really look up to and respect), I know that there must be something more to her than the empty headed persona she puts on.

OMG tell me 5 years ago I'd be writing a 5 paragraph post at 6 am defending Paris Hilton and I'd tell you, you were mentally insane but well...people surprise you I guess. And I don't know what is it about Repo, whether it's chemistry or the directors, but when the cast becomes such a family and when they treat their fans with so much love and gratitude, you feel you really belong to that family. And you'd do anything to protect your family.


PS: Yes, I copied and pasted this from my FB post cause I thought 'hey, it actually sounds good and I wanna keep it'. XD Besides, FB people won't appreciate my wonderful deep musings. XD XP Ok I know, I know... 6.30, a bit too high. Bad time to write. Need sleep. So bye guyz. I'm sure you all are so happy that after months of hiatus, my latest post is about Paris Hilton. xD Nightz!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment