Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Yet Another Repo Post

Ok I just had to get this out. Of course I could have just argued with myself in my head but where's the fun in that. Besides, my blog was getting cobwebby anyway.

So we all know that Repo was from the stage. So I've heard the first version which was a 3 part 1 man show. But that's not the one I wanted to talk about. It's the one just before the movie was made. The one (probably) that Bill Moseley saw that got him onto the project. And good god after listening to all the alternate versions and plots, I can't get it out of my mind.

Now anyone that knows me and Repo knows that Luigi is my favorite character (of course it could be a Bill Moseley thing, I dunno). But stage Luigi (or Lucci as he's known in the play), I wonder if I could like him. I have no idea how the plot is so here I am trying to put together all the pieces. But as far as I know Amber Sweet (Heather here) is Luigi's kid, not Rotti's. (Luigi, Pavi and Rotti are brothers here). And as far as hints go, Luigi seems crueler? to Amber than Rotti ever was (ok fine Rotti spoiled her rotten but still). And this bugs me so much because it's seems that other than personality, Luigi and Rotti switched parts of the storyline. And I can't wrap my mind around it because the reason I hate Rotti is the way he treats his kids, so would this mean I would hate Lucci? Even if his personality is generally the same? And switching that around, does that mean that Rotti would move up my favourite character list. I mean what he did to Marni was pretty despicable but she was a whore and had it coming anyway. (My interpretation, deal).

Now as far as I've heard, no one dies at the end of the stage play. So how does it end? Is it possible to end without the deaths? I saw a pic where Mag had bandages over her eyes so I'm guessing she still ripped them out, ok fine. But how does Nathan end up? What is the climax then? Rotti probably wouldn't die of any illness since he is the youngest of the three. But even if he does, issit a big deal? GeneCo doesn't actually belong (solely) to him. What about Heather? In Choices (stage version of At the Opera Tonight), the Largos sing about plans laid tomorrow and all that. What plans? Still revenge at Nathan? Without the whole give Shilo GeneCo thing. What does that have to do with the other 3 Largos? Can you see how this bugs me?

Ok fine, you can accuse me of overthinking things but these are legit questions. (And of course my Repo obsession has overtaken my life). I've accepted that there's no Repo 2, fine. Painfully and heartbrokenly, I accept. But this is already filmed. Can't they just 'accidentally' let it go viral (or sell it, I'm fine with that). I admit, I don't expect it to turn out anywhere as wonderful as Repo! movie was but I'd like to see how it was before. Every interpretation possible. I'd like to see and understand more of the characters and the history. Like listening to the stage (& original) version of 21st Century Cure. There was history there I never knew before. Like why Sanitarium is dark all the time. What disease killed all those people (ok it was a bit of a mouthful but I kinda understood it). As wonderful as Repo! was there's so much missing that I need to fill in the blanks. I'm glad to find wonderful hints and tidbits dropped by Terrance like for ex. that Rotti is a serial ladykiller (literally) and that each of his kids have different moms. Or that Rotti was dying from Glioblastoma Multiforme (some form of brain cancer) which makes sense since brain transplant doesn't seem to make much sense. *_*

Haha see you waited so long for such a philosophical post. (Rolls eyes) I'll update when I actually have anything interesting going on in my life. So a couple of months maybe? See ya then. ^_^

PS. I thought The Movies game would give me a new obsession...instead it's deepened my obsession with Repo. T_T Oh well

No comments:

Post a Comment